If you have booked any tickets and now you are going to cancel it than first read this article. As IRCTC told that they are going to charge more over canceling the booked railway tickets. Now according to the new rule you have to cancel the ticket before 48 Hours in place of 24 Hours.
New Rules are as follows.
- If booked ticket was canceled within the 6 hours of departure or with in the 2 Hours after the departure than 50% will be deducted.
- If ticket was canceled after the 2 Hour of Departure than nothing will be refunded.
- If the journey is more than 500Km than you can cancel your ticket within the 12 Hour after the departure.
- If you cancel a confirm ticket than you will charged by 25%
New prices for deduction are.
- Ac first tier – 120Rs
- Ac second tier – 100Rs
- Ac third tier, chair car – 90rs
- Sleeper – 60Rs
- Second sleeper – 30Rs